Men’s health is important at any age. And if you want to feel like you are 20 again you need to choose an effective testosterone booster. And today we will overview one of the popular products for men which is called Androgel. Read this Androgel review, and you will find out what it is, how it works, and if it is really effective.
What is Androgel?
This is a testosterone booster that is produced in the form of a gel. It enhances the level of the men’s hormone in the organism. This helps to return virility if there are some problems with it. Also, it helps sportsmen to gain muscles faster.
The way to use it is to apply it on your skin and wait for 3-5 minutes until it soaks in. The active medicine agent is absorbed through the skin and passes into the bloodstream this way.
Let’s talk more detailed about the usage of Androgel because it is rather peculiar. It’s important to choose the skin patch properly. It’s allowed to apply this remedy on the skin of the stomach or shoulders. Breast is not a favorable zone for applying the gel. Also, don’t try to rub this product directly into your sexual organ. It can cause severe skin irritation.
The main component which ensures the effectiveness of the product is testosterone. This is a synthetically made in laboratory men’s hormone. It substitutes the natural hormone if there is a lack of it in the organism. And it has the same effect as the natural one. So, the enhancement of the level of this substance in your blood will help to:
- enhance libido;
- improve virility;
- make the blood reaching muscles better.
Testosterone’s influence on the body is well-known and is confirmed by numerous researches. So, there shouldn’t be anything unclear with this component.
In Androgel, there are no other active ingredients. There are only some additional ones in its composition. But they don’t have any medical effect on the body. Here is a list of them:
- Isopropyl myristate (ensures better absorption through the skin).
- Carbomer (is needed for saving the consistency of a gel).
- Natrium Hydroxide.
- Distilled Water.
As there is ethanol in the compound of the remedy, it has a smell of alcohol.
Androgel Side Effects
This product has many spillover effects:
- The most widespread (experienced by 10% of users) are dryness and redness of the patch of skin where the remedy is applied.
- Enlargement of the prostate if there is a predisposition to it.
- Gynecomastia (enlargement of the breast), the feeling of swelling in the breast.
- Increased blood pressure.
- Mood changes.
- Tingling in limbs.
- Problems with memory.
- Increased teeth sensitivity.
- Hair loss in case of long-term usage.
Does Androgel Really Work?
Androgel is used in official medicine as an artificial substitution of testosterone if there is not enough this hormone produced by the organism itself. But there is the note on the official website, that there are no researches that confirm the effectiveness of the gel in curing the testosterone lack caused by aging.
Also, you shouldn’t expect a quick effect from Androgel. First of all, the result of the curation with this remedy is cumulative and manifests well only in case of long-term regular usage. And even the first effect can be seen only within 24 hours after applying the medication.
Androgel vs Axiron: What’s Better?
These are the remedies from the same pharmaceutical group. They contain the same active ingredient. That’s why they are alike. The side effects are similar. Also, it’s forbidden to use both these medications for people with an enlarged prostate or the prostate cancer. Moreover, both of them make men’s health better only if he use them regularly for a long time.
The main difference is the skin area which the remedy should be applied at. Androgel is a plain gel which is applied on the shoulders or stomach. And Axiron is a spray for armpits. On the one hand, such a form can be a plus for Axiron, because it’s convenient to use the product just like a deodorant. But on the other hand, being a plain gel can be an advantage for Androgel, because you can change the place of applying from time to time to avoid the irritation of the skin.
But still, both of these products have many minuses, so, pay your attention to some other, more effective and safe variants.
Here are the answers to the questions which can worry those who want to use Androgel but never did this before.
How Much is Androgel?
The price can depend on the store you’ve chosen, on the type of packaging, and on its size.
Androgel cost starts from 250$ for a plain packet of 75 grams. The same packet but twice bigger (150 grams) costs about 500$. The price of 225 grams in a plain packet is apparently 750$. But it’s more convenient to use this remedy if it is packed in a gel pump. Then it’s easier to control the quantity of the medicine you apply on your skin. So, such a pack of 75 grams costs 570-650$, 150 grams — about 1100$, and the price of 225 grams starts from 1650$.
Is Androgel Safe?
This product can’t be called completely safe. And here is why:
- This gel can provoke rather a big number of side effects. The most widespread of them are increased blood pressure and headache. Many Androgel reviews from users say that they have experienced these spillover effects after the application of this gel.
- Androgel is especially dangerous for people with heart problems or hypertension. Blood pressure increasing which is caused by this gel can provoke a heart attack.
- It’s not recommended to use this product if there are problems with the liver or kidneys. The ingredients of Androgel won’t be removed from the body in the right way.
- It is not advisable to choose this product for people who often suffer from migraines. The people who have got a predisposition to it will with a high probability experience headaches after applying this gell.
- Also, there are some groups of people for whom it’s strictly forbidden to use this gel. These are persons who suffer from such diseases as prostate cancer or any other malignant tumor. The usage of Androgel can accelerate the development of the disease.
- This gel is dangerous for people with epilepsy. If you don’t want to have a seizure right during the romantic evening then it’s better not to use this product.
- Also, Androgel can be harmful to your sexual partner. If this gel gets on the skin of your girlfriend and is absorbed by her organism, she obtains some dose of testosterone. As it’s a men’s hormone its additional supply is not useful for the female body at all. Regular contact with this gel can cause acne and increased hair growth in females. So, if a product gets on the skin of your partner it’s necessary for her to wash this patch of skin with soap immediately. Besides, this product can’t be used if your wife is pregnant. If some quantity of gel gets on her skin, it’s harmful to the future baby. So, according to the instruction, it is recommended to have sex in 6 hours after applying the gel on the skin, have sex in a T-shirt which covers the skin patch where the gel was applied, or wash the skin with soap before the sexual contact.
- And the last risk is that your organism can start producing even less its own testosterone than before using Androgel.
- Talking about sportsmen, Androgel can be identified with an anti-doping test.
Is Androgel Legal?
Yes, this product is legal. In official medicine, this medication is prescribed to the people whose organism doesn’t produce enough testosterone by itself. But usually, this gel is sold in drugstores only if you have a prescription from a doctor. As it’s a medication that contains hormones it can’t be sold to everyone wishing. So, some people who want to use Androgel without consulting with a doctor buy the fake prescription (this is, of course, illegal).
Where to Buy Androgel?
You can purchase this medication in any drugstore if you’ve got a prescription from a doctor. Also, there are online drugstores that sell this product.
Mark is a nutrition expert with more then 17 years experience in weight loss. In his spare time, he likes to share his thoughts on nutrition, fitness, male and female health and more.