The lack of testosterone makes a person feel less strong and happy with life. It causes many health problems. And the most disappointing of them is erectile dysfunction. Fortunately, there is a way out. There are testosterone boosters that enhance the level of men’s hormone in the human body. But there is such a diversity of them that it’s difficult to find an appropriate variant. Today we will overview one of such remedies — Testim. Read and see what it is and if it is really effective.
What is Testim?
This is a testosterone booster that is produced in different forms. The most widespread of them are:
- transparent gel for external use;
- solution for intramuscular injections.
The form of the remedy for injections is not appropriate for usage by yourself. The shots should be done by a medic because it’s necessary to make sure that a substance is injected in the muscle tissue and doesn’t go to any vessel. Also, it’s necessary to control the testosterone level in the patient’s blood between injections. The shots are not needed often. They should be made once in 2,5 – 3,5 months. But still, it is necessary to visit a doctor for injections and for getting a blood test.
So, the other form is more appropriate for usage by yourself. The gel is applied to the skin and then goes to the human’s blood through it. According to the research of one of the academic journals, shoulders are the best zone to apply Testim on. In this area, the skin is arranged in such a way that a medication absorbs the best. The frequency of applying is one time in 24 hours.
The main and only active component is testosterone. This is a male hormone that ensures normal reproductive functions and sexual activity. Also, it’s enough level in blood makes it possible to gain muscles as it helps to deliver blood to the muscular tissue. The lack of this substance in the organism provokes:
- the feeling of weakness;
- low libido;
In order to solve these problems, it’s possible to enhance the level of this hormone with the help of medications that contain it as an active component.
Also, Testim has some additional ingredients which don’t have any therapeutic effect. The fact which exactly components the remedy contains depends on the form of production. For example, the gel contains:
- Carbomer Copolymer, Carbomer 980, Macrogol 1000, Trometamol, Glycerine (the substances which make a product have a consistency of a gel).
- Ethanol (makes the basis for Testim).
- Distilled Water.
- Propylene Glycol (plays the role of conductor for other substances).
Testim Side Effects
According to Testim reviews from the patients who have experienced the treatment with this product and according to the official descriptions of the remedy, the most widespread of the spillover effects are:
- itching in the place of applying;
- skin irritation;
- sickness and vomiting;
- acne (especially in cases of long-term usage);
- wanton mood swings;
- dismal mood with no reason;
- painful urination;
- difficulties while urinating;
- worsening of the liver condition;
- too durable erection;
- growing of breast in men;
- the lower number of spermatozoids (so, if you plan to become a father in the nearest future, the usage of Testim can become an obstacle).
So, as you can see, Testim is a rather peculiar medication with a big number of unpleasant side effects.
Does Testim Really Work?
This medication is effective only in case of regular usage on the long-term bases. Actually, the enhancing of the testosterone level in the blood is evident within 24 hours after the gel has absorbed through the skin. But for reaching the best medicinal effect, you should use the remedy for several months. For example, a study from the academic journal about sexual health says that the first visible results appeared within a month of regular usage, the best effect was seen within six months of everyday applying of the gel. And improvements of the sexual health stayed on that very high level during six more months of curation with the help of Testim.
So, Testim can be effective if used in a long-term way every day, but still, it’s better to pay to attention to more effective products.
Here are some important details about Testim for you to have a complete understanding of this product peculiarities.
How Much is Testim?
The price varies depending on the country and place of buying, the release form, and the size of the package. In the UK, the price of Testim gel (50 mg) starts from 40 pounds. In the USA, 50 mg of the gel costs approximately $75.
Where to Buy Testim?
It’s possible to purchase this product in any drugstore or online pharmacy in the USA, the UK, and Canada. The prescription from a doctor is necessary for buying.
Is Testim Safe?
Like any other medication, this one can be dangerous in cases of improper usage. Here are some risks that are connected with the usage of Testim:
- It can lead to skin irritation. It’s necessary to be careful with the sensitive patches of the skin (face, genitals, and so on). The gel shouldn’t contact with them and with mucous membranes. If some quantity of gel has got on the sensitive patches of skin or on the lips, in the eyes, and so on, then it should be immediately washed away with a big volume of clean water.
- It can be harmful to other people (the men with a normal level of testosterone, women, kids). So, first of all, you should keep this remedy in a proper place in which it won’t be reachable for children. Also, you should wear the clothes that cover the areas of skin on which Testim was applied, for at least 6 hours after applying. In the instruction, it is even written that if you want to have sex earlier than after 6 hours since applying the remedy, you shouldn’t take off your T-shirt to cover the areas of skin which contacted with the medication. If Testim has got on the skin of a person who shouldn’t use this remedy then it should be urgently washed away with water and soap.
- It has a bad influence on the liver. The doctors noticed the worsening of the functioning of this organ in men who have used Testim for a long time.
- It provokes many spillover effects. We have already described them earlier.
- It can prevent planning to have a baby because sometimes it lowers the number of spermatozoids.
- It can’t be used by the people who suffer from some diseases. The absolute contraindications for Testim are malignant prostate tumor, increased level of calcium in the blood or in urine, being allergic to the components that this remedy contains. Also, this product should be used very carefully by people with problems with the liver.
- It can heighten the risk of prostate cancer, according to the official instruction.
Is Testim Legal?
Yes, it is. This is a remedy made by official medicine. But for its purchase and usage a patient should have a prescription from a doctor. So, trying to buy the medication without it is illegal.
Mark is a nutrition expert with more then 17 years experience in weight loss. In his spare time, he likes to share his thoughts on nutrition, fitness, male and female health and more.